Friday 26 February 2016

Netflix: Top 10 Nostalgic Shows To Binge Watch





I think it is the best £7.99 a month I could possibly spend. Netflix has revolutionized how we all watch television and it is an amazing format to access and binge watch TV shows. They are constantly updating their shows.

1. Pretty Little Liars - Seasons 1-6



When I think of PLL I think of Summer 2015 when I binged watched the entire series. I absolutely love this show it's so addictive. You follow the lives of Hanna, Aria, Spencer and Emily as they cope with being teenagers, having their friend Alison missing and being harassed by someone who calls themselves "A". There's so many twists and turns in this show that there's a million different suspects in your mind and everything is not as it seems. If you have liked shows such as Gossip Girl and 90210, this is the show for you.

2. The Big Bang Theory - Seasons 1-8



I absolutely love this show and was so excited when I saw this on Netflix. I constantly binge watch it - I usually watch it on E4 whilst having lunch. I prefer the earlier series of the show and think that series 7-8 has somewhat lost its magic but I still enjoy it. I have been watching series 1-3 for the past week despite having seen them a hundred times. It is produced by Chuck Lorre who wrote and produced all of Two and a Half Men - another favourite show of mine. If you liked that then you should check TBBT out.

3. Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Seasons 1-7




I'm sure everyone on the planet has seen Buffy, right? If not you should free up your Saturday nights for some binge watching. It stars Sarah Michelle Gellar who is sassy and feisty as a vampire slayer. There's romance, laughs and action. Suitable for all ages and genders.

4. Suits - Seasons 1-3




I have a special place in my heart for legal dramas as I am totally fascinated by it. I adore this show as not only is there an amazing script and plot which will keep you gripped, it stars two total hotties. Apparently it's similar to White Collar but I haven't seen it so I cannot confirm this. If you like The Good Wife you should check this out.

5. Gossip Girl - Seasons 1-6


This is such a throwback but it's still so good. We all love watching longingly at the scandalous lives of the rich and privileged and Gossip Girl caters to that need with just that and also amazing clothes. It is similar to Pretty Little Liars in that there is a mystery person and you spend 6 seasons trying to figure out who it is. In this case, there is someone called "Gossip Girl" who ruthlessly spreads gossip around like wildfire.

6. Skins - Seasons 1-7


This is like the British version of those shows like Pretty Little Liars, Gossip Girl and 90210 except it's set at a normal school and the teenagers get up to aptly British shenanigans such as loads of sex, drugs etc. I remember this TV show came out when I was 14 and it was on at 9 pm - way past my bedtime - so I would sneak downstairs and try and watch it. If you love shows like Fresh Meat, then you should give this a watch.

7. The Tudors - Seasons 1-4



Another British show filled with corruption, sexual and violent shenanigans except it's a sensationalist take on the monarchy of Henry VIII, who is clearly one of the most shenanigan-loving monarchs Britain has ever seen. If you want to see violence, sex, politics with a bit of education then this is the show. Also it stars Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Henry Cavill (Superman) who are ridiculously hot and there's lots of bedroom scenes. It's kind of like a fetus British version of Game of Thrones.

8. House, M.D. - Seasons 1-8



This show is a big more PG than some previously mentioned. There's no explicit sex scenes here. Sorry. It does feature Hugh Laurie who is brilliant doing a fantastic American accent and being a lovable grump. It is like a medical version of The Good Wife. There's so many fascinating cases so if you feel like watching something that requires your undivided attention then put this on.

9. Miranda - Season 1



With a departure from the amount of sex fueled drama on this list, is the hilarious Miranda. I have the box set of this and always pop it on if I need a laugh. It features the friend from Bridget Jones's Diary who got with the drug dealer in Thailand. She's hilarious. It is such a relatable show about the trials and tribulations of trying to live up to your mother's high standards, juggling friends and trying not to act like a wally in front of your crush. Such fun!

10. 90210 - Seasons 1-5



Now to finish off is a show I haven't seen in years but love just the same: 90210. It is a remake of the Beverley Hills, 90210 with Jenny McCarthy and Shannen Doherty (from Charmed) which is also really good. There's gorgeous people living in Beverley Hills who have affairs and constantly have some drama going on. It's so entertaining to watch and you will find yourself rooting for your favourite couple. Enjoy!

Thanks for reading!

Rosh x


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I will get back to you as soon as possible.