Tuesday 9 February 2016

Foundation Review: MAC Face & Body, L'oreal True Match & Max Factor Facefinity



I recently bought my first ever MAC foundation and was compelled to write a foundation review. Foundations are my best friends - they make me seem that I have healthy, clear skin when the exact opposite is true! Finding a foundation that works for you is so important to have in your makeup bag and here are my findings with these products...




MAC: Face and Body Foundation


Price: £22 for 50ml / £29.50 for 120ml - click for link 

I am a huge fan of MAC lipsticks (who isn't) and thought I'd have to try their foundation upon the recommendation of my friends. I found this to be a light-medium coverage which is not suitable for my foundation needs. I found it to be quite watery due to its light coverage and I think due to the hefty price tag, it's not really ideal. There are drugstore alternatives which are a third of the price. If a miracle happened and I had amazingly clear skin then I would definitely keep using this product but, as it stands, I don't so I shall be sending this back...


L'Oreal: True Match Foundation 

 

Price: £9.99 - click for link

I bought this foundation on a whim during a spontaneous outing to Superdrug upon the recommendation of a friend. I was rather dubious at trying L'Oreal makeup as I had previously bought the L'Oreal True Match Minerals and I may as well had set my money on fire. That being said, I do rather like this foundation even though it is a medium coverage foundation. You are able to build layers and it isn't as watery as the MAC Face and Body Foundation and at just less than a tenner, you can't go wrong.

Max Factor: Facefinity Foundation



Price: £12.99 - click for link

*currently on offer for £9.99 at Boots 

As you can tell from my picture, this foundation has been well and truly used! I have been using this for a good couple of years now. I really love Max Factor products even though they are the more expensive of the drugstore cosmetics. This foundation gives you good coverage and is more on the medium-heavy coverage end of the spectrum which suits me down to the ground. This 3-in-1 foundation which has primer, concealer and foundation means that the product does not fade nearly as quickly as other foundations. So if you've got a long day ahead and need a reliable foundation that won't disappear after a few hours, I recommend that you give this a chance.

Thank you for reading :)

If you have tried any of these products please comment and let me know what you thought!

x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I will get back to you as soon as possible.