Thursday 18 February 2016

20 Drugstore Makeup Gems

 

Makeup is certainly one of the things that I spend most of my money on because it's expensive to look good nowadays. We are led to believe that all the super expensive brands are the only ones worth buying. However, I'm going to show you that you can find amazing products at affordable prices with drugstore brands because there's nothing like finding a bargain!



Foundations

1. L'Oreal True Match Foundation



Price: £9.99 - click for link 

I recently did a review of this product along with some other foundations - click here. I love this foundation as the quality is amazing considering the price and is actually on par with other higher end foundations. There are a great selection of shades available. As someone who looks like they're related to Casper the ghost, I find that it is sometimes difficult to find a foundation which suits my skin tone as most of the time there are yellow undertones that don't suit me at all as I have pink undertones. 

2. L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Matte Foundation



Price: £7.99 - click for link

I only recently purchased this product and have worn it in the past couple of days and I really like it. The matte finish is lovely and I'm glad I've found a foundation which doesn't have a glossy or sheen finish because that's the kind of look I want for my bedroom walls and not my face. Obviously it's not a 24 hour matte finish but the foundation did endure the harsh terrain of the cold British winter for over 12 hours so I urge you to try this out!

3. Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation



Price: £7.99 - click for link

I have used this foundation for many years now and I've tried many other foundations but this is my old faithful. If you may not know by now, I absolutely adore Maybelline products in general. They are such a good brand and all their products are completely affordable and work so well. This foundation gives you a heavier coverage and just glides on to the skin. I have know this foundation to last me a couple of months or more and considering it's just less than £8 that is a bargain.

Concealers

4. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer



Price: £5.99 - click for link

This concealer is amazing! I've used it on and off for a long time and it's one of the best concealers I've ever used. I'd even say that this is a dupe for the Urban Decay Naked Concealer, which I'm also very fond of. At a price of only £5.99 I really can't see why anyone wouldn't try this!

5. Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer



Price: £7.99 - click for link

This is a recent purchase and I really love this concealer. I use it more as a primer for my eye makeup if I haven't got my Benefit Air Patrol to hand but it works amazingly well as a concealer and a BB cream. I've been using it a lot over the past couple of weeks and there's barely a dent in the quantity so I suspect (hope) this concealer will last me a while.

6. Collection Cover Up Stick



Price: £1.99 - click for link

This concealer stick is more heavy duty than the previous two I have mentioned. This is the concealer I use when I have a very red and noticeable spot and need to use a veil of deception. Collection products are very cheap in comparison to other drugstore brands but they are still of decent quality. I find that most concealers today are great at helping to cover up dark circles and things but when it comes to anything acne-related they struggle. If, like me, your skin is not totally flawless despite the fact that you are in your early 20s and clearly have the skin of a hormone-infested teenager, I encourage you to test product.

Powder/Blush/Bronzer

7. Maybelline Matte Maker Mattifying Powder



Price: £3.99 - click for link

Yes another Maybelline product! I have also been using this product for years and have no intention of replacing it. I have tried other powders such as the Maybelline Fit Me Flawless Powder (which is slightly more expensive) and the Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Powder (this is roughly the same price as the Maybelline Matte) and they don't have a patch on this powder. The powder is so affordable and it lasts absolutely ages - I think I only buy it 2-3 times a year or something.

8. Collection Blush



Price: £2.99 - click for link

This product comes in only a couple of colours but they are suitable for an array of skin types. The product is not at all flaky like some other blush products I have tried and the product lasts all day. I love this blush so much and will be continuing to use it until further notice.

9. Rimmel Sun Shimmer Bronzing Powder



Price: £5.59 - click for link

Sometimes, the life of a pale woman is not an easy one and when I fancy looking like a human in the summer months and feigning my glow, I use this product. I bought this a couple of years ago and I don't regularly use bronzer so I still have it fully in-tact. This bronzer smells so nice and it is so well pigmented. I really urge you to give this gem a try.

10. Collection Bronzer



Price: £1.99 - click for link

I have also had this bronzer for ages - I think I went through a phase as a teenager when I was all about the tan and in denial of my ghostly ways. I also only use this in the summer and this is also a decent bronzer that doesn't break the bank and is very well pigmented (apologies for the link product looking slightly different - I assume that they have changed the packaging or something?)

Eyeshadows

11. L'Oreal Rose Nude Palette 2



Price: £14.99 - click for link

I bought this when I was in New York last March so it wasn't as expensive as it is here in the UK I don't think. I absolutely adore this eyeshadow palette. There's so many lovely and easily blendable colours that really suit blue eyes. It comes with a lovely double ended brush which is really great to use. Yes I know, £15 is a little steep but I have had this almost a year and I use this palette at least a few times a week and I have barely made a dent in the product. There's so many wonderful light and dark shades in this palette that you can experiment with. I really think everyone should have this little beauty in their makeup bag.

12. L'Oreal Mono Eyeshadow


Price: £5.49 - click for link

As you may have already guessed, I have become rather enamored with L'Oreal's eye products. I love this eyeshadow. It's so gloriously pigmented that my eyes pop every time I wear this. I know you may think a fiver for one colour is ridiculous but let me assure you now that the selection of colours are amazing and this eyeshadow lasts all day and will also last you a good while. The next time you pop into the drugstore, I think you should seriously consider popping this into your basket.

13. Collection Eyes Uncovered Nude Bronze Palette



Price: £2.99 - click for link

If you don't use a great deal of eyeshadows and don't want to be spending £15 on an eyeshadow palette (which is fair enough), let me introduce you to the Collection eye shadow palette. I have the Nude Bronze Palette but they also have a Rose Palette (which is the link I have attached as I don't think they sell this Nude Bronze Palette anymore?) and this palette is so budget friendly and lasts you a long time as well as has lovely different shades which are so pigmented and endure the long harsh days. I think Collection is a drugstore brand that is sometimes overlooked and it really shouldn't be as their products are just as good qualities as other brands and they are less than half the price.

Eye Liners

14. Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner

 

Price: £2.99 - click for link

If you are looking for a cheap but good quality eye liner to use when doing your winged eyeliner you should try this diamond. The tip is so precise and, unlike other felt tip eye liner pens which can come out rather watery, this product does not lose its bold finish. It never dries out - providing you place the cap back on after every use - and is a very reliable eyeliner.

15. Rimmel Exaggerate Smokey Eye Liner


Price: £3.99 - click for link

When I want a smokey eye or I'm feeling particularly dark and dramatic, I use this eye liner and I get a great smudgy eye every time. The product also comes with a sponge at the end to help with any smudging you want but I personally just use my pinky finger. It's so cheap and lasts such a long time and is easily applied to the lower lids.

Mascaras

16. Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara 


Price: £7.99 - click for link

I have already reviewed this mascara along with a few others in a previous post - click for link - but I am mentioning it once again because it really is that amazing.

17. Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Mascara

 

Price: £6.99 - click for link 

Yes another Maybelline mascara! This is a mascara which did not feature on my previous blog post because it was at home and I was at university so I shall review it for you now. I think this mascara is really good and is rather similar to the 17 Va Va Voom Volumizing Mascara as it has a similar brush. This mascara give you really good length and volume and is one of the best volumizing mascaras out on the market.

Lips

18. Maybelline Color Sensational Gloss



Price: £6.19 - click for link

I only recently bought this and really love the silky finish which is rare to find in a lipgloss product as usually I find the finish of lipgloss to be sticky and rather unpleasant. The only thing I would say about this is the colour of the lipgloss does not come out at all. For example, this colour is called 630 Coffee Kiss but it did not come out brown whatsoever. I still recommend this product but I would warn you not to buy it and expect it to be full of colour.

19. Rimmel Oh My Gloss! Lipgloss



Price: £5.49 - click for link

This is also a very good lipgloss and actually does what it claims to do on the tin. This lipgloss actually does last 6 hours. I was in London the other day and it was freezing and miserable as usual and this little beauty held the fort for moisture. It smells so lovely and feels lovely and hydrating on your lips. When you're next in Boots or Superdrug, pop this into the basket.

20. L'Oreal Glam Shine Balmy Gloss



Price: £6.99 - click for link

If you want something which is not as dramatic as lipstick but not as underwhelming as lipgloss then you should give this L'Oreal Gloss a go. The best way to describe it is as a dupe for the largely popular Clinique Chubby Stick (which at £17 is a complete rip off). The colour is so lovely and is noticeable but not so much that it is dramatic. This Gloss is perfect for achieving a girly look teamed with some nude eyeshadow.

Thank you for reading my post! :) Let me know what you think of the above mentioned products and if you have any Drugstore Gems of your own that you think I have missed out.

x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I will get back to you as soon as possible.