Tuesday 23 February 2016

All About Them Eyes: Revolution, Collection, Barry M & Urban Decay x Gwen

 



Welcome back! I thought I would talk about one of my greatest obsessions and loves: eyeshadow palettes. If you ask any of my friends what I obsessively buy eye shadows will definitely be amongst the top answers. There are a lot of different eye shadow palettes on the market but it is difficult to find a palette which suits you - it's certainly a case of kissing many frogs till you find your prince. 



I have reviewed six of my palettes which are currently with me at university and I hope I have sufficiently informed you for any upcoming eye palette-related decisions.

Collection Eyes Uncovered Nude Bronze Palette

 

Price: £3.99 - click for link

I have reviewed this on a previous post - click for link - but I did not swatched it so I thought I would do it this time around. Although I did not link the correct palette in my previous post, I have found it! 

 

This palette has some really lovely colours which, when you take the price into consideration, are very decent and worth it. The colours are so sparkly and pigmented (with the exception of the shade on the far right) and suit all skin tones and eye colours. I would (again) recommend this gem.


Revolution Iconic 1 Palette


 

Price: £4.00 - click for link

I thought it made more sense to compile this list in order of price so to start is the Revolution palette. Revolution are a very affordable brand and have many different products which I intend to eventually try. I bought this on a whim when I saw it in Superdrug months ago. I have only used this palette a couple of times and I find that the powder can come off as slight flaky which makes application slightly messy and the risk of having stray debris falling on your cheeks and slightly ruining your foundation is a real and present danger.



As you can see from the swatches, the powder is slightly faded. However, I think there's some really lovely shades here. I would recommend this palette if you're looking for something cheap and that will last you a while. I would not say that this palette is suitable for anyone looking to a lot of blending but if you are only going to be wearing the one shade at a time, you will enjoy using this.

Barry M Super Natural Palette



Price: £6.49 - click for link

This palette is exclusive to Superdrug and, as far as I know, you can only buy it there. I am a huge Barry M fan so I was very excited when I saw this on the shelf. I think the price is very reasonable and I really like the colours in this palette.


The lightest colour of the palette (the far left) may as well be translucent powder as it is colourless and is not visible to the naked eye. Unlike the Revolution Iconic 1 palette, the Barry M product does not come off as flaky and the gorgeous glittery colours are very pigmented. I definitely recommend this palette to anyone looking to achieve a girly look. 

Revolution Ultra 32 Shade Palette Flawless Matte




Price: £8.00 - click for link

My best friend, Emily (Bambi's Beauty Blogs - click for link) bought me this beauty for my birthday a few months ago and I really love the variety of colours. I would definitely recommend this product particularly as you get 32 different shades for less than a tenner so you cannot argue with the price at all. 


I have only swatched the bottom row of the shadows in order to save time. They are not particularly bold colours but this means that they are perfect transition colours. The variety of warm and cool tones in the palette mean that there's certainly a colour for all occasions. 

L'Oreal Rose Nude Palette 2


Price: £14.99 - click for link

I have previously reviewed this same palette in a previous post - click for link. However, I had to include it again in this post as I love it that much. There's so many great colours that are well pigmented and the cost is not that bad. I have had it for almost a year and I use it very often and I haven't even scratched the pan yet.



As you can see from the above swatch, the colours come out really well. I can attest that these colours do stay on really well all day even when I - rarely - skip my eye primer.

Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette


Price: £40.00 - click for link

Yes, when I also saw the price I almost had a heart attack. Once I had recovered from my cardiac arrest, I decided to still buy it. Am I insane? Hell yeah. I only got this last month and I have no regrets even though this is the most expensive piece of makeup that I own by far. The palette is so beautiful and as with all Urban Decay products it's giving quality realness. I love the different colours as some are certainly not just your regular run of the mill colours.



 

The palette has a mix of matte and highly pigmented glittery shades and warm and cool tones. The matte shades are perfect to use as transition colours and they perfectly match the glittery shades in the palette. There are so many combinations available to you with this palette. I know the price is very off-putting but I personally adore Urban Decay products and find them to be totally worth the price. If you don't use eyeshadows regularly I wouldn't recommend this product as I think you are better off saving your money and opting for a cheaper alternative. However, if like me you were eyeshadow everyday and you love experimenting etc. I definitely recommend it.

Have you bought any of the above palettes - I'd love to hear what you think of them.

Thank you for reading!

Rosh x




No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I will get back to you as soon as possible.