Thursday 3 March 2016

Luscious Lips: Favourite MAC Products



Like most of you I assume, I love a good MAC lipstick. I went through a phase of pure obsession some time last year which has now passed but my unbreakable love for MAC still remains. It's an undeniable fact that MAC Lipsticks are one of the best available. From their huge variety of colours, beautiful packaging and different finishes there is a lipstick for everyone.

Here are my personal favourite lip products by MAC:

Lipsticks



1. Diva




If I fancy going for a bold and vampy look I wear Diva. I absolutely love this colour and I don't wear this everyday but it is perfect for a night out on the town. It's got such a creamy texture so it feels so lovely when it's being applied. Its deep burgundy colour means it will suit a range of skin colours. If you want a dramatic look I recommend you try this out next time you go to a MAC store.

2. Fast Play



My step-sister bought this for me and it was my very first MAC lipstick so it is a special colour for me. Its brown/dark pink colour means it is a lot more wearable for every day than Diva. It is a great colour if you want to go out or if you are meeting a friend for lunch. Again, the texture is so creamy and its application is so easy. This colour lasts me a good three hours before another application is needed. I also wear this with a couple of my lip liners which I will elaborate on below.

3. Faux


This colour is so gorgeous. Its such a versatile colour as you can wear it by itself or there's a number of lip liners that are compatible with it. I love wearing Whirl lip liner with my Faux lipstick. This and the lipstick Brave are very similar colours but Brave is more of a pink colour and Faux is more of a brown colour. I bought this when I went to New York last year and I bought $120 worth of stuff at MAC. No. Regrets.

4. Instigator


Whenever I feel like wearing a lipstick the same colour as my soul, I pop on Instigator. I originally bought this for Halloween and loved it so much I've worn it a couple of times since. Its a very dark purple colour and is way dramatic. It looks amazing with the lip liner Nightmoth. If you want to embrace the dark side, I definitely recommend that you buy this.

5. Patisserie


This colour is a very light pink and is perfect when your feeling girly. The light colour doesn't make such a great impact as the other colours I've mentioned but it is so adaptable and can be used with a wide range of lip liners. This lipstick also has a kind of glittery quality to it unlike the other lipsticks I've mentioned. If you're looking for a lipstick to complete a understated look, this is your match.

6. Velvet Teddy



I have save my absolute favourite for last. I am completely in love with this lipstick. I will be buying it until the day I die. You can wear this whenever: going to college, going to work, going out to dinner. Although it's not a dramatic colour per se, it makes your whole makeup look pop. If I had to pick just one lipstick from this list of my favourites to recommend it would definitely be this little beauty. Next time you are in MAC ask to try this out. You will not regret it!


Lip Liners



MAC's lip liners are the bomb. I've only got a few and I have a list of so many more to buy. I bought a couple of these upon the suggestion of the saleswoman in MAC.


 (From Top to Bottom): Nightingale, Nightmoth, Absolutely It, Whirl, Staunchly Stylish

There's no one set rule on how to use lip liners and how to apply them. You could use a clear gloss if you really love a colour, use the liner with a lipstick or just apply the lip liner on its own. I have used Whirl with my Velvet Teddy and Faux lipsticks and I find that they go together so well.

Absolutely It, Whirl, Staunchly Stylish are such similar colours with only slight differences and I find that they suit most of my lipsticks. I think these liners are £12.50 - £15.00 which are a bit more expensive than what I would usually pay for a lip liner but it's MAC. There's such gorgeous colours that go with everything and I think they are totally worth the money.

Which MAC lip products are your favourites?

Thank you for reading

Rosh x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I will get back to you as soon as possible.