Thursday 4 February 2016

Lash-tastic Mascaras



I have been splurging recently and one thing I'm always on the lookout for is a good mascara. Forget diamonds, that's a girl's best friend. There's nothing like finding that mascara that just makes your eyes pop! I will be reviewing the more expensive mascara and the ones you can find at your local Boots/Superdrug or local drugstore. I know there's an innate perception that if a product is twice the price of another it must surely be better quality. I'm going to show you that that is absolutely not true!



Too Faced: Better Than Sex

 

Price: £19.00 - click here for link

I bought this when one of my friends recommended it and ever since it has been one of my favourites. With its hourglass shaped brush the Better Than Sex mascara really adds volume to your lashes and gives you beautifully long and thick lashes. I've had this for a few months now and it's still going strong! If your looking for a mascara to accompany your evening heavy-makeup look, I encourage you to buy this. You will not regret it!


Clinique: High Impact Mascara



Price: £17.50 - click here for link

I got this mini version in a set which I bought that came with their mini eyeshadow palette and some skincare products. I am a huge fan of Clinique and their skin care products in particular but have always found their makeup products to be more suitable for someone who is looking for a more natural look. This mascara gives you long and natural looking lashes - i.e. it does look like you've been rolling your lashes in product all morning. I don't use this mascara a lot as I prefer thick lashes but if I were doing something which didn't require a huge amount of makeup I would use this or the Barry M Showgirl Lengthening Mascara. I personally think it is a good mascara but think there are cheaper alternatives. I don't want to spend almost £20 on a mascara and it doesn't really look like I'm wearing any. If it were cheaper I would recommend it but because it's rather expensive, I encourage you to buy cheaper alternatives. 


Benefit: They're Real



Price: £19.50 - click here for link

This has been causing a real buzz in the beauty-sphere so I was really excited to try this mascara. I bought this mini-version for £10 in Boots in case I wasn't that fond of the product - I recommend you also do this if you are dubious about paying the full price and just want to test the product. This mascara is amazing at lengthening and - unlike the Clinique High Impact Mascara - it actually does look like you're wearing mascara. I am a huge fan of Benefit products and always find their products to be totally worth the money. I want to buy the Benefit They're Real Tinted Primer as apparently they add extra pazazzzz. I will definitely be implementing this mascara into my beauty routine. I recommend you try this mascara as it's perfect for your day makeup and will complement natural makeup perfectly.


Barry M Showgirl Lengthening Mascara



Price: £4.99 - click here for link

I know Barry M are primarily known for their nail varnishes but they have many decent makeup products available - one of which is their eyeshadow palettes which I shall be reviewing shortly. This is similar to the Clinique High Impact Mascara as both products give you really long lashes without huge amounts of volume. I prefer this product because its much cheaper! There is a volumizing version of this mascara, which I shall be purchasing the next time I drop by Superdrug. Again, if you are looking for a natural day-to-day look, this is a product you should seriously consider. The brush is really bendy which gives easy application and the tiny bristles on the brush mean that ever stray eyelash is caught!


Maybelline Lash Sensational


Price: £7.99 - click here for link

This little beauty has been part of my makeup bag for the past year or so and I totally love it! The brush has got two sides - one larger for the upper lashes and one smaller for the lower lash line. I don't know about you, but one gripe I have against most mascaras is that when applying it to my lower lash line the product goes everywhere and I end up looking like Alice Cooper. I never have this problem with this mascara due to the specially designed brush. Not only do my lashes look long they are also volumized! Not to the same amazing extent as the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara of course. This is the mascara that I use most often and that shall continue into the foreseeable future. Could not recommend a better mascara for consistent use!


Seventeen Va Va Voom



Price: £5.99 - click for link

Seventeen is a product which is only available at Boots and is very affordable. When I was a teenager, one of the very first mascaras I bought was one from Seventeen and I absolutely loved it. This is a bargain for anyone looking for long and volumized lashes. For under £6 you really can't go wrong! I totally recommend this for anyone looking to accompany dark and heavy makeup. The brush is rather large and does require a bit more concentration so that you don't smudge it everywhere, especially on the lower lash line. However, the product is very good and the price does not break the bank so be adventurous and give it a go!

...and FINALLY...

Maybelline Falsies Push Up Drama



Price: £7.99 * - click for link

* currently on offer in Boots for £5.99

As you can tell from my review of the Maybelline Lash Sensational I am a massive fan of Maybelline products and after seeing this advertised a million times of TV I had to buy it. I had a mixed experience with this mascara, on one set of lashes the mascara came out well and my lashes were quite long (not to the same extent as if I were wearing false lashes but still good). However, when I applied it to my other lashes it came out very clumpy due to the very short bristles on the brush and there was little definition to my lashes. I don't know if this was just a fluke or what but I was very disappointed with this mascara. It's ok, nothing amazing. I wouldn't say don't buy it but I would say there are other mascaras on the market that are much better such as the many I have mentioned above.


Thank you for reading my very long post.  Let me know what you guys think of the mascaras I have mentioned and if you've had any good or bad experiences with them - I'm always interested to know! :)

x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I will get back to you as soon as possible.