Wednesday 12 February 2014

Taylor Swift's Red Tour Review

Welcome to my blog! I'd like to start off with...



Last week on Tuesday 4th February, I went to the O2 Arena in London to see Taylor Swift perform her Red Tour. Most of the songs off her setlist are, predictably, from her Red album but the others are her well known hits such as Love Story. Unfortunately, due to a rubbish phone battery (thank you iPhone -_-) I was unable to capture any photos. So you'll have to look at these that have been taken professionally. 



Taylor performing an acoustic version of Ours


The concert was a constant splash of red, splattered with dancers and full of entertainment thus making the experience much different to simply listening to the album at home. For example, Taylor and her dancers provided a jazzish version of You Belong With Me. I applaud Taylor on her exquisite setlist. As a huge fan or the Red album, I was desperate to her Lucky One live and T-Swizzle did not disappoint. I paid close to £60 to go to the concert, so I certainly had some high expectations and I must say that it was worth every penny. 



Taylor's outfits consisted primarily of leather shorts, her red guitar and her red brogues (as seen above)


Taylor wore a circus ringleader's outfit during the concert's finale of her performance of We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

The following is Taylor's setlist for the concert performed in London (the albums they are from are in brackets):

State of Grace (Red)
Holy Ground (Red)
Red (Red)
You Belong With Me (Fearless)
The Lucky One (Red)
Mean (Speak Now)
22 (Red)
Ours (Speak Now)
Sparks Fly (Speak Now)
Breakeven (The Script Cover performed with Danny O'Donoghue)
I Knew You Were Trouble (Red)
All Too Well (Red)
Love Story (Fearless)
Treacherous (Red)
We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together (Red)

As usual Taylor was her lovely self as she introduced the songs and spoke to the audience. Having seen Taylor two years ago at the Wembley Arena on her tour promoting her Fearless album, I must say she has definitely shred that hard-done-by love victim image. When speaking of the inspiration behind her songwriting, she says: "imagine saying anything you want to that person and hitting the pause button... not having to see their reaction". This alteration in her style of deliverance did allow me - as a fan and a member of the audience - to enjoy the concert much more due to her more mature demeanour. 

I would recommend any Taylor Swift fan to see her in concert as she certainly delivers. Although the ticket price may be a little out of your price range, it is certainly worth sacrificing a few nights out at your local for this spectacular experience. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I will get back to you as soon as possible.