Wednesday 27 January 2016

Review: W7 Eyeshadow Palettes - In The Buff & In The Nude


Hey guys! Sorry, I know it's been a billion years since I've last blogged. I'm in my 3rd year at uni and the pressure is mounting! I recently splurged on some makeup so expect the posts to be regular in the coming weeks :)




One of the products I bought in the splurge was the w7 eyeshadow palettes - In The Nude & In The Buff. If you may not know - but you will guess soon enough - I am obsessed with eyeshadow palettes! To the extreme that even some friends have questioned my addiction and a mini-intervention had to be initiated. Ah well, we all have our flaws...





Both palettes are rather popular amongst the W7 range. For those of you who don't know, W7 is a budget friendly makeup brand who produce products like foundation, mascara, lipgloss, lipstick etc. I I thought I would check the eyeshadow palettes out as I don't believe you have to break the bank in order to achieve amazing eyes.

The first thing that struck me about both palettes is the mixture of matte and glitter shades as well as the really complementary colours. There's a variation of light and dark shades and everything in between so there's something for everyone.



This is the In The Buff palette and has many similar shades to the In The Nude palette. I rather liked all of the shades (except the first colour which may as well have been transparent) and they are compatible for pretty much any occasion. I found the eyeshadow to be quite flaky when being applied, which can be problematic by sometimes having pigments fall onto your cheeks. Not a great look. As you can see from the swatch, it is also quite light when applied but I found that with a few layers, the shades so gradually become darker. On the positive side, the palette gives you a subtle shimmer to your eyes which would work if you're looking for a demure and understated look.



This is the In The Nude palette and I found that I preferred this to the In The Buff. I absolutely love neutral palettes which are gold and pink pigmented as they compliment my blue eyes so well and found the shades in this palette to be more flattering. Again, the product comes off as flaky and can be problematic when being applied.

In short, yes these are not the most amazing eyeshadow palettes I have ever stumbled across. However, you must take the price into account. I bought these from Amazon and they came to just under £11 altogether: In The Buff link & In The Nude link. This is amazingly cheap considering the variety of shades you are getting. I would recommend this if you don't want to spend a fortune on eyeshadow and know you won't be doing a smoky eye everyday. If I'm late for uni, I quickly apply a shade from either palette and it stays on as long as any other, more expensive, palettes I've come across. Essentially, it does what it says on the tin and the price is more than affordable so I encourage you to try it :)

Thanks for reading

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I will get back to you as soon as possible.