Wednesday 16 April 2014

In Love With Nivea




It's been a while since I have written a post - even though I have just published one! - and am henceforth going to make a concerted effort to blog more frequently. So - as the title of this post suggests - I shall be expressing my love of Nivea products! 


The first Nivea I use constantly is the Pearly Shine Lip Balm. It gives the illusion that I have lipstick on, whilst at the same time making my lips kissably soft :) I could not expect anything more. I have a problem with chapped lips so this product really is a godsend. If you do not have this in your handbag I urge you to go to Superdrug/Boots immediately!

A couple of months ago I was a primer virgin (believe it or not!). My friend Emily (http://www.bambisbeautyblogs.blogspot.co.uk/) suggested Nivea Daily Essentials Express Primer. I have combination skin (the driest cheeks known to man and the oilest face :/) so I bought the combination primer but there is also primer for sensitive skin. I bought it off Amazon for £3.00 (it costs £3.99 in Boots so I was chuffed at the savings). When you first buy the primer you do tend to think you have been ripped off as surely you won't get much usage out of this teeny weeny pot... but you will! You need the tiniest bit of primer on your finger to cover a quarter of your face. Do not put so much product on so that your skin is left greasy. The purpose of primer is essentially to prep the skin for make-up so that your make-up lasts longer. I have been using my primer everyday for the past 3 months and I have not finished the pot yet, so this product is definitely worth it. For those of you who think that there is no difference after the application of primer you are wrong. I find that 6 hours or so later my make-up holds up well in comparison to the absence of primer. So I urge you all the invest in this miracle pot!

As Nivea's primer was such a good product I though I'd explore the rest of the range so I bought Nivea Daily Essentials Rich Regenerating Night Cream. It comes in the same 50ml pot as the primer and although the texture is thicker, you still do not require a great amount of product to cover your face and neck. I have only been using this product for the past 2 weeks and my skin already feels moisturised and soft (not that I had hard skin before or anything...) so I shall continue to use this product. 

I also bought the Nivea Daily Essentials Toner. Yes, I know there are 'basically the same products' available at cheaper prices. I had this mindset before, which is why it had taken me a long time to convert. This being sad, it is much cost effective to pay a little more for a reputable brand like Nivea - over Superdrug/Boots own brand toner etc. - as the product works far better than cheaper alternatives. The Nivea Toner comes in a 200ml bottle so it will last you a while. It is available at Boots for only £1.57 (only 57p or so more expensive than cheaper alternatives) - so come on, splurge!! You will not regret converting to this toner. The odour is wonderful and smells natural unlike others, which smell like a chemical cocktail. Not a nice odour to have on your face :/ 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I will get back to you as soon as possible.