Tuesday 8 March 2016

Review: Lottie London Brushes




Using the right brushes to apply your makeup is an important element of your makeup routine. There's many brushes on the market at the moment and it seems impossible to tell which is the best and not going to break the bank. There are standard brush shapes which mean you can opt for a cheaper alternative and it won't make much difference in the long run.

Price: £19.99 - click for link

Lottie London is a small brand which I've only seen in Superdrug over the past year. I picked up this set and thought I'd give it a try. The brushes are so soft and lovely on the skin. There's nothing worse than using a brush which feels like you're rubbing sandpaper against your skin.

The picture above shows (from left to right): Powder brush, Foundation brush, Eyeshadow brush, Concealer brush & small angled brush that can be used for your eyeliner, eyebrows or lower lash line. I often use the powder and eyeshadow brush but don't make use of the other three as I normally use my Beauty Blender. I have used the other three and I personally don't like the standard foundation brush as I prefer using my Beauty Blender but if you are someone who does enjoy using a foundation brush I think that this one seems nice and you don't have to pay through the nose for it. I use the concealer brush if I'm using my Benefit Boing Concealer and the brush does a good job. The eyeshadow brushes (the dark and light pink brushes) are really good and pick up a good amount of product.

For under £20 you get a good selection of good quality brushes. These are good if you are a brush novice and are dipping your toes in the water. Lottie London have recently released some other brushes which are to help with contouring and other things.

I have recently ordered some Morphe Brushes so keep an eye out for an upcoming post!

Rosh x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I will get back to you as soon as possible.