Wednesday 9 March 2016

Benefit Haul


Benefit are one of the best makeup brands out there. They have many popular items amongst beauty bloggers from their mascaras to their foundation. These are my first ever Benefit products ever and I have no regrets.


Benefit High Beam

Price: £19.50 - click for link

High Beam is essentially a liquid highlighter and it has a very dewy consistency. I love this product as it gives you such a popping under eye look. You should apply this under your eye after your foundation and concealer. It is a bit pricier than what I'm used to spending on my makeup but you do not need a lot of product for each use so I would say the full sized product should last you a while.

Benefit Bad Gal Lash

Price: £17.50 - click for link

If I'm being totally honest I think this mascara is just like any other volumizing mascara out there. I personally think you are better off finding a drugstore mascara that works for you because there's only so much lengthening and volumizing that a mascara can do. I don't think this mascara is any better than my Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara which is less than half the price of the Bad Gal Lash Mascara. The only more expensive mascara I would recommend because it's amazing is Two Face Better Than Sex Mascara.

Benefit Porefessional Face Primer

Price: £24.50 - click for link

I have to say that I was a bit disappointed by this product as I had heard such amazing things about it. I really don't think that for £25 you should be paying that amount of money for a product that you can find a drugstore equivalent. I don't think it minimizes pores at all. I have huge pores on my nose and I don't think it did anything to them. I would recommend the Maybelline Baby Skin Face Primer instead as it is the same product essentially and is only a fraction of the price.

FYI: The above picture is not the full size of any of the products. I bought a mini gift set so I could test these products without having to spend too much money.



Benefit Air Patrol

Price: £21.50 - click for link

Oh my gawd I absolutely love this eye BB primer! I had been wanting this for so long and I just thought screw it I'll buy it. No regrets. It makes my eye makeup stay intact all day and I have tried using concealer on my lids before and it really doesn't compare to Air Patrol. It's got this lovely cushion-y tip so it feels so nice to apply to the lids. I know that £21.50 is quite a bit to be spending but you really don't need a lot of product on your lid. I've had this for almost a month and have used it pretty much everyday and it still feels like the same weight. 

Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream

Price: £25.50 - click for link

I have seen pictures of It's Potent! popping up on Instagram so I thought I would get a free sample to test it out and see what all the fuss is about. I used it for 3 days and I have to say I really don't get the big deal about this product. I thought it made zero difference to my eyes and for almost £26 a pop there's no way I'll be buying the full sized product.



Benefit How to Look the Best at Everything - Light

Price: £25.50 - click for link

I saw this on offer at Boots and could not resist testing it out as it has all their facial makeup products in one product. I think for under £26 and you get to sample all these products it's totally worth it as if you were to buy all the full sized products it would be loads more than £25.50. If you are thinking of dipping your toes in the Benefit pool, I recommend getting one of these sets so you can try the products and decided which products work for you.

Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! Foundation

Price: £26.50 - click for link

I'm starting with this as I have reviewed the Porefessional above. I really like this foundation as it's not a super heavy-duty foundation so it doesn't come out as cake-y but it's medium coverage so it looks good on the skin. When I'm miraculously having a good skin day I'll use this.

Benefit Boi-ing Full Coverage Concealer

Price: £17.50 - click for link

I find that getting a good concealer is a Herculean task. If you get something that's creamy and lovely it doesn't do an amazing job at covering your imperfections and if you get a concealer that's more heavy duty it comes out horribly on your skin. I love this concealer - it does such a good job at covering my spots and dark circles. It's not a creamy concealer but more of a solid concealer so you'll have to ensure you have a good concealer brush. If you are frustrated with rubbish concealers, I urge you to try this.

Benefit Hello Flawless! Powder Cover-Up

Price: £25.50 - click for link

I think that this was a nice powder to have in the set as it matched the other products perfectly. However, I don't think I would spend £26 on a powder considering I didn't really see how it different from drugstore powders. A powder is a powder at the end of the day and I don't think by adding £20 to the price tag that it makes it anymore special.


Conclusion:

Definitely get the Benefit Air Patrol as it is so amazing for making your eye makeup last all day. I would recommend the Benefit How to Look the Best at Everything set as it lets you try the products and I personally thought the Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! Foundation and Benefit Boi-ing Full Coverage Concealer were really good.


Rosh x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I will get back to you as soon as possible.