Thursday 12 June 2014

For The Love of Books - Intro












Hi guys sorry I have been somewhat absent this past month. Been taking a time out to recover (yes I am being a tad overdramatic) from exams. However, I am now back!



Recently, my mind has been occupied by the compulsive need to read - and I have a lot planned :) I am a book-aholic (one of my many addictions), which means I compulsively buy books and whether or not I get the time to read them is another matter. But, as it is summer and I have four months of nothingness to look forward to, I have set myself a target of reading a book every week, maybe every two weeks to make it more realistic.

At the moment I am reading Animal Farm by George Orwell and The Crucible by Arthur Miller. The two are completely different, one is a novel - more of a novella really - and the other is a play. I have compiled a list of reading based upon recommendations from recommendations from websites such as The Guardian or Time Magazine. There are some novels and plays, which are universally thought of as masterpieces and, as an English Literature student, I should really be reading the top literary novels. If you too are interested in exploring your literary horizons, I suggest the website Goodreads. Many users vote for their favourite novels/plays in appropriate lists. I personally find this more comforting than a list compiled by critics. I suggest you look at the following websites:

Goodreads Top 100 Literary Novels
Goodreads Top 100 Stage Plays
The Guardian's Top 100 Books

Revisiting the initial remark, I am currently reading the above mentioned novel and play. I plan to finish reading in the next few days and will post my review then.

Ciao

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I will get back to you as soon as possible.