Sunday 18 January 2015

The Diet Special: Slimming World - Day 3

Slimming World, along with Weight Watchers, is amongst one of the most popular diets nowadays. Again, I am on the search for another diet. The word 'diet' immediately brings to mind some ridiculous regime of only being allowed one carrot a day. But when you have allowed yourself to become overweight it is not a 'diet' that you need, but a lifestyle change. By changing the way you view food and fitness there is a higher chance that the new you will be there for longer. Being in my early-20s now, I am feeling a huge sense of fear that my time is running out to sort myself out.




In many different newspapers and magazines I see various articles about women who have lost half their body weight (and kept it off most importantly) through Slimming World. Please feel free to read some of the links below:

Daily Mail: Obese mother loses 17 STONE crowned Slimming World's Woman of the Year

Mirror: Daughter loses 8 stone

Mirror: Five super slimmers on how they really dropped the pounds

It is now day three and unfortunately I have been very bad today and had a McDonalds. My lack of willpower is to blame for sure. But before today I have been strictly adhering to the lifestyle change of Slimming World. They have a selection of food which doesn't require any of that annoying weighing that most diets promote. By glancing at the diet, it mostly uses common sense such as eating lots of fruit and vegetables will speed up your weight loss and does not require any restrictions. I have implemented my own rules such as no fizzy drinks, in particular Coke, and no bread. I have not been eating bread the past month as much as I used to just because I simply forget to pick up some when I'm at the shops and I have noticed that I don't feel as bloated as I had before. I try to drink water when I can but, in all honesty, I don't love it. So I have started drinking sparkling water and sugar-free lime cordial in place of all the unhealthy rubbish I regularly drank. 

Of course it is hard changing your eating but the end result (hopefully) will grant me eternal happiness. What has inspired this weight loss is an upcoming holiday with my slim mother. I definitely don't want to spend a week in the sun feeling rubbish. I know that I will not drop all the weight that I want (ideally I'd like to drop six stone) by June but if I can slim down a couple of dress sizes that will be good enough for me. 

I certainly need to implement exercise to go along with my new lifestyle. I have downloaded a free pedometer app and aim for 10,000 steps a day. This is about a 45-60 minute walk a day - something which I'm sure I can make the effort for. The past couple of days I have only done 5,000 but I hope to increase it in this coming week. 

I got the idea from watching Katie Hopkins's documentary on TLC "My Fat Story". I know that Katie comes across as brash and offensive but, honestly, what she says has a huge element of truth. To simplify, if you eat less and healthier and move more, you will lose weight. There is no way that someone can be big. I know that I am the size I am because I do not exercise and eat rubbish. If I ate nothing but a leaf of lettuce and did hours and hours of exercise there would be no way I would be the size I am. I think it is really important to admit the reason why you are the way you are to yourself. It is hard to say (I know) but it is an important thing to do if you want to change. Your happiness should be the most important thing to you. If you, like me, also struggle with your weight I wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey.

I will keep you updated on my progress.

Rosh 

x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I will get back to you as soon as possible.